This class is reserved for those wanting to learn to MIG weld aluminum. The entire class is devoted to the nuances encountered when welding aluminum. Topics to be covered are:
- The importance of cleaning the weld joint prior to welding.
- Techniques used when welding aluminum.
- The importance of “crater fill” at the end of the weld.
- Utilizing advanced features such as “pulse” found on some MIG machines.
Classes are six hours long with lecture and lab time. You will have an hour lunch break.
Students must be at least 18 years old to enroll in this class.
Students are encouraged to bring their own Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- If a student doesn't have the PPE described above, these items will be provided for use during class.
- Leather closed toed shoes are required in the welding lab.
- Absolutely no shorts or open toed shoes are allowed in the welding lab.
General Air Denver
1105 Zuni St.
Denver, CO 80204
For questions regarding registration, please contact Katie Oestman at email@example.com.