In stick welding (SMAW) the welding arc is struck between the workpiece and the tip of an electrode. It is one of the more versatile processes for welding ferrous and several nonferrous base metals. Some advantages of stick welding are the simplicity and lightness of the equipment and materials as well as their relatively low cost. The SMAW process has wide applications in the construction, pipeline, and maintenance industries.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Safety Glasses
- Protective welding jacket
- Welding gloves
- Welding Helmet
- If a student doesn't have the PPE described above, these items will be provided for use during class.
- Leather closed toed shoes are required in the welding lab.
- Absolutely no shorts or open toed shoes are allowed in the welding lab.
General Air Colorado Springs
3031 N. Nevada Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
For questions regarding registration, please contact Katie Oestman at firstname.lastname@example.org