- 4043 filler metal is a popular aluminum/silicon filler alloy for general purpose welding applications.
- Moderate strength (28 ksi typical)
- Low melting temperature/high fluidity
- Low welding smut and discoloration
- Low ductility, formability, and lower toughness
- Moderate electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Low shrinkage rate/reduced distortion
- Low hot cracking sensitivity in most applications
- Welding 6xxx alloys
- Automotive/motorcycle frames
- Sports products - scooters/bicycles
- General repair and maintenance
Shop General Air Service & Supply for all your Filler Metal needs!